Lisieux College of Nursing offers 4 years full time Bachelors' Degree in Nursing Science (B.Sc. Nursing) Affiliated to the Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS) with an annual intake of 50 seats. The course is recognised by Kerala Nursing and Midwives Council (KNMC) and Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- 1. G.O.(Ms)No.72/2022/H&FWD Dated, Thiruvananthapuram, 28-03-2022
- 2. KNMC Affiliation: order no.22863/2022/NC Dated 20-07-2022
- 3. INC permission file no : 18-16/15505 -INC/899
- 4. KUHS affiliation order: U.O.N :906/2022/academic/KUHS Date :26/09/2022
Medium of Instruction
- The medium of instruction and examinations shall be in English.
Fee structure is as per the Fee Regulatory Committee (FRC 50/22/BS.c/PBBS.c/MS.c/ Nursing dated 20/06/2022)
Criteria of Eligibility for Admission
- Candidates must be Citizens of India, or children / dependents of Non-Resident Indians
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31th December 2023. The maximum age limit for admission shall be 35 years. No relaxation of age will be allowed.
- As per Indian Nursing Council (INC) norms, the candidates should have passed +2 class with 12 years of schoolship, with 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English
- As per norms of Kerala University of Health Science (KUHS) for admission to B.Sc Nursing, the minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of : Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course), Or Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) Or An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with science
- Before admission to the course, every candidate shall submit to the Principal, a Certificate of Medical Fitness from an authorized Medical Officer with MBBS or higher qualification, certifying that the candidate is fit to undergo the course
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying Examination from authorities other than the State of Kerala, except CBSE and ICSE, shall produce the certificate of recognition and equivalence of the qualifying examination from Kerala University of Health Sciences / Directorate of HSE, Kerala.
- For grant of equivalency of Secondary School Educational qualification granted by any foreign country for the purpose of admission to B.Sc. Nursing courses, the student need to produce an equivalency certificate from the Association of Indian universities (AIU), AIU House, 16, Commander, Inderjit Gupta Marg, New Delhi – 110002 and also the requisite approval from the Indian Nursing Council.
- Integrated clinical practice is incorporated with respective practical hours in each year.
Prohibition of Ragging
- Ragging or any sort of misconduct towards any student - both in the college campus, hostel or outside will be considered as a criminal offense and will be immediately reported to the Police. Perpetrators will not be permitted to continue their studies.
- Every student shall, at the time of admission, furnish a character certificate from the institute where from he / she has passed the qualifying examinations, which should mention the status of his/ her behavioural pattern especially in terms as to whether he / she has displayed persistent violent, or aggressive behaviour or any desire to harm others.
- Students and parents shall, at the time of admission, furnish an affidavit to the effect that the students will not indulge in any form of ragging.