Angamaly, Ernakulam, Kerala
50 Students for B.Sc. Nursing
College of Nursing
Lisieux College of Nursing (LCN) is established in 2022 with the core motive of transforming aspirants into compassionate and well-educated nursing personnel. LCN is affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). It is also recognized by the Kerala Nursing and Midwives Council (KNMC) and Indian Nursing Council (INC) Government of India. Our Nursing programmes equip students with relevant knowledge and practical skills under the guidance and supervision of experienced and qualified faculty members.
Nursing encompasses autonomous and collaborative care of individuals of all ages, families, groups and communities, sick or well and in all settings. Nursing includes the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and the care of ill, disabled and dying people. Advocacy, promotion of a safe environment, research, participation in framing health policies and in patient and health systems management, and education are also key nursing roles.
The aim of the nursing community worldwide is for its professionals to ensure quality care for all, while maintaining their credentials, code of ethics, standards, and competencies, and continuing their education.
- To uplift the educational, social, cultural and vocational condition of the under-privileged.
- To impart academic and social education to all irrespective of caste, creed and nation so as to make them intellectually illuminated, spiritually enlightened, socially upright, disciplined and responsible citizens.
- To heal and comfort the suffering mankind with compassion and respect.
- To serve the people by empowering with education, knowledge, skills and opportunities to help themselves to succeed in life.
- To provide employment to as many people as we can thus to enhance their standard of living.
- To promote professionalism by quality and value driven education with a global outlook.
- To pursuit excellence in Nursing and Paramedical courses towards serving the needy.
- To bring about a total transformation in a student towards physical, emotional, spiritual, social, aesthetic and creative fulfilment.
- To foster synergy and integration between research, education and practice by promoting interdisciplinary collaboration.
- To develop competent Nursing graduates who uphold values of truth, integrity, peace, democracy and human rights.
- To promote and partake in academic programmes that involve personality development, social involvement and are responsive to national and international health care standards.
- To generate significant research programmes which contribute to an evidence-based, scientific and technologically advanced nursing education and practice.
- To enhance accessibility to better educational opportunities for deserving and qualified students through establishment of local and international academic linkages.
- To grow as good citizen hence the social justice can be served in terms of holistic care.
- To be an institution making the students work for the upliftment of the marginalized and for social justice.
- To imbibe the cultural heritage of our country.
- To inculcate among the students, the spirit of healthy nationalism.
- To mould the students as responsible citizens and to integrate themselves into the community without any prejudice.
- To achieve academic excellence.
- To incorporate the sense of social commitment among the students.
- To be an institution having healthy relationship among the staff, students and parents to ensure its smooth functioning.
- To develop extra-curricular talents without affecting the academic programmes.
We believe that:
- Health is a state of well-being that encompasses physical, psychological, social, economic and spiritual dimensions of an individual.
- Nursing as a profession and a discipline utilizes knowledge derived from arts, sciences, humanities and human experiences.
- Nursing science incorporated clinical competence, critical thinking, communication, teaching, professionalism and caring and cultural competency.
- The profession of Nursing makes an essential contribution to society and education.
- Professional Nurses contribute to the nursing research work toward continued improvement and growth of Nursing.
- Nursing Education takes place through a planned teaching learning process and this education prepares the student for professional practice and leadership roles within an ever changing health care industry.